Saturday, January 24, 2009

YOU CAN'T EXPECT ME TO DO MATH WHEN IT'S THIS COLD!

Scott just shook his head when I left the house this morning. Wind chill was in the single digits again. I tried to explain that once you start running and are tucked in the trees, it's really not that bad. He's not a runner and just doesn't get it. Anyway, I had to get out there and figure out courses for the Sooner State Games Trail Run. After planning 3 different courses for Bluff Creek, we were denied a permit because the city wants to do some construction out there. Armed with her GARMIN we hit the trails. We warmed up quickly and had an OK run. We were both a little tired but made it, stopping frequently to check and right down split distances.

I've been told that the garmin isn't always accurate in the trails due to the switchbacks, but we were pretty close to what the signs said, so I think we have got our courses. YAY! One less thing to worry about.

It's been a good week. 28 miles of running!

Peace!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

believe me, all I want to do is run! Do you know if taking calcium supplements helps bone recovery?

Kat Miller said...

Calcium supplements may help. I've had 3 stress fractures in my feet. Taking time off sucks!