Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Cold Winter Morning

You just have smile when you hear hundreds of birds singing at the same time!

You can't really tell in this picture, but there were hundreds of birds in these trees. We stopped to try to get a picture, and as soon as it 'clicked' the birds were silent then all took off in a flurry of wings!

I don't remember the actual temperature, but when I was leaving the house Scott told me that the wind chill was in the single digits! Dressed in layers and layers, Shay and I took off into Bluff Creek. The cold air hurt my teeth. My body warmed up after about 1.5 miles, but the fingers, nose and toes still haven't thawed.
The trail looks so different in the middle of winter. I'll take a picture from this same place later in the spring.

1 comment:

Reese said...

I was out there later in the day and had a great time. It was warmer, but I had started my run at Hefner at 5:30 so I got to have fun in the cold also.