Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Beautiful Day

We have been blessed with great weather lately. Is winter gone?

With such great weather I had to get out and run. My legs were a little sore this morning. At first I thought it was from yesterday's hard run with Shay. Nope, my new cross-training work out is Wii Bowling. I didn't know why I was sore until I bowled a couple games this morning. It's the lunges! WOW!

So I headed out to Bluff Creek for an easy 3.5. With about 10 minutes left in the run, I ran into Peggy and Beth going the other way. Of course I had to join them. I only stuck with them for about 15 minutes because my training schedule only asked for 2 miles today and I was well passed that already. But, you gotta run with friends when they are right in front of you.

My back seems to be healing. Usually when I hit a root hard with my foot, the impact puts my back into a spasm. Today, well, it only hurt my foot! I guess that's a good thing. Wouldn't it be great to be a strong runner again?

Namaste'

1 comment:

Reese said...

Glad you have been enjoying running without pain lately.