Friday, May 16, 2008

Too Late, Too Much Mud

Fridays are my long run of the week. I've shifted the training schedule to have Sundays free to spend time with Scott. I had to work until 11:00 this morning so I didn't even get started on my planned 18 miler until 11:30. Bluff creek was rather muddy in spots. In one place I slipped, cartwheeled my arms to stay up and think I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder.

Staying motiviated during this run was a challenge. I just wanted to go home and lay down. I kept telling myself, "5 more minutes." Well that lasted for 2:36. I think I ran about 12 miles. Truly I believe had I got an earlier start, I would have made it. Gotta remember not to pick up Friday morning shifts. Also, gotta get used to the warmer weather. My left leg hurt for a while, but when I shortened my stride, it felt better. Maybe stretching will help.

1 comment:

Reese said...

I would love to read more, please start blogging again.