Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What Beautiful Day

The weather reports are prediciting up to 2.4 inches of rain today, so I thought I'd get out and run early before the rain. I forgot what it's like to be the first one on the trails in the morning. I had to break all the cobwebs! With my face! No snakes today, but I saw probably 10 rabbits and a couple of playful cardinals. Whenever I see cardinals, I think of my mother- One time when she visited me here, she commented on all the cardinals in my backyard. She mentioned that she had never seen one before. Now that she is gone, when I see a cardinal I say, "Hi Mom." It's here coming to visit me.

The aroma of the hyacinths was great! At least I think it was hyacinth. I should try to find out.

My left foot didn't hurt as much as yesterday. I need to pay attention to my gait. I'm probaby favoring it due to the sciatica.

Did the Winter Solstice Route again. With music this time. Apparently music doesn't change my pace much. Only 1 minute faster than yesterday. 1:14:40. 5:1 6.2?

The TriFuel schedule has me riding today, but that's not going to happen. I still have to give my bike a tune-up. I napped rather than work on the bike. Motivation is different when you're not training for an Ironman!

No comments: