Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Time For A New Challenge

I've learned that I don't workout unless I'm training for something.  Most of the gals that I usually run with had signed up for the Cross Timbers Trail Run, so I figured I should too.  After some frustration about finding a hotel room, Scott and I will be staying at the same motel as the rest of the gang.  I'm glad he's coming along as he is my best friend and safe place.

Cross Timbers has a 50 mile, marathon and half marathon.  I'd love to tackle the 50 mile event, but with the uncertainty of my right leg, I decided on the marathon.  My goal for most events is to finish in the top 50%.  So, after looking at results from previous years, I'd like to finish around 6:00-6:30.  Of course, the weather could change everything, but that's what I'm looking at right now.

My running hasn't gone well for the last few months.  While training for the Dirty Double Dozen, I injured my right hamstring and it hasn't completely healed, AND, 2 days before that event Dr. Flesher found a cyst on the back of my right knee.  So lately, my training has been yoga, spin classes and the elliptical at the gym.  But now that I have an event to train for - I'm  motivated.

Namaste

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looking forward to running Cross Timbers with you!
I have found I have to sign up for an event to be consistent on working out too.
Looking forward to starting our training!