Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Trail Edition

Sometimes I really like to run alone.  Today was one of those days.  Scott had gone golfing, so I decided to skip church.  While running, I started thinking about this past April.  While tens of thousands of people were running the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, I did my own marathon at Bluff Creek.  I ran 13 loops of the Double Dirty Dozen course.  I really wanted to be a part of the OCMM but my hips just can't handle running on pavement - so I did my own.  So today I wondered if there were others like me:  want to run the marathon but can't haven't the pavement?  Perhaps I could work with the marathon committee and help put on the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Trail Addition!  I'll have to gt with Thomas Hill as I certainly wouldn't want to take from their event, just add to it.  Maybe I can get Tanya to help me?!?  Another TanKa production.

And suddenly, I was at the end of the trail!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I would run it. Even if it was your own run fest where like 3 people show up. I've thought I probably won't do the marathon again this next year. I've done it three times now, and am ready for a different race. Just sayin...

Tri Girl said...

I think that's a GREAT idea! TanKa productions are always top-notch!