Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Need Motivation

2010 has been such an interesting, busy year. Selling my house of 15 years, moving into a new one, getting a job as a school teacher and trying to be a strong person. My running just hasn't been a priority.
The 2011 Double Dirty Dozen is quickly approaching and Chisholm, the race director, called to tell me that I get my entry "comped" as the defending champion. Just the week before he called I had decided to run the 50 miler at Palo Duro this year, which happens to fall the week before the DDD - can't do both. But, driving to Palo Duro is 4.5 and the cost of entry, camping... I gotta go with the free race just 3 miles from my house. But do I want to 24 again? Re-reading my race report, I have to say no. I think the 12 hour sounds soooo muc better. Perhaps I'll train for 24 but enter the 12.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Charlie said...

I think I'm going to attempt a 12 hour as well. I'd like to think I have the ability to go for 24, but I'm in no hurry! But I would say a comped entry is motivation enough!! No matter which race you do.