Saturday, July 10, 2010

Getting Motivated

Over the past 2 weekends I've volunteer at races. Last weekend was the Midnight Madness 50 Miler up in Tulsa. This morning I volunteered at the Draper Duathlon. Now, I want it to be my turn. I miss the focus and discipline it takes to train for and complete long distance. Now that I'm already registered for the Double Dirty Dozen, I really have to think about it.

I remember the run itself - not so bad.   Yes, I got very sleepy but it didn't hurt.  But, it really hurt the next day.  For 2 nights I had horrible night sweats, like I wet the bed all the way up to my neck.  I had to sleep on a towel.  2 days post race, I could barely walk.  There was such a huge, deep blood blister on the ball of my foot.  Had to do the crutches thing for a couple days.  I just don't want to go through that again.  I hate the idea of not running it because I'm afraid of the pain, but 12 hours sounds of so good.   But...

At least I'm debating between a 12 and 24 hour run.  There's gotta be motivation behind that.  Most people wouldn't even consider attempting 6!

As I ramble on here I sounds like I must set some goals, figure out what is important and how I can glorify God with the abilities that He has given me.

Happy Trails!

No comments: