Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Compared to Yesterday

Another 5 mile loop at Bluff Creek today. This time, as usual, without music. Now that the REDMAN is over, I started thinking about other events, or some that I could invent. I need to be creative when I run. This time, I didn't feel the fatigue, I wasn't bored. I was thinking and creating, and was suprise when the 'walk-break' alarm went off. My time was about 1 1/2 minutes slower than yesterday, but I felt better and I enjoyed it. That's my answer: no music.

I'm toying with the idea of a 50K and 50Mile event at Bluff Creek in March of 2010. I'll give Dave and Keith a few more days to recover from REDMAN, then present the idea to them.

Visited with Tanya about the idea of doing the Full REDMAN next year. We decided we want the glory of the finish, but aren't willing to put in the training hours. The motivation has to be right. Truly, I think that once was enough. I still have the 50 mile thing stuck in my head. I'll have to deal with that!

2 comments:

Reese said...

It's good to see you up and blogging again. You have some interesting ideas. I'd love to see them come to fruition, and would be willing to help in any way.

Charlie said...

I'll do a 50mi at bluff. I'll help if I can.