Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My running isn't going well at all. After a few miles, my back hurts and I just don't want that any more. So, I've committed to trying some Crossfit for the next 40 days - to go along with the Lenten Season. This is what I did today:

50 push-ups ( I did them all on my knees, with plenty of rest breaks)
400m run (that's 0.25 miles)
50 sit up (I did crunches, again with a couple breaks)
400m run
50 kettle bell swing ( my gym doesn't have kettle bells, so I used 8 lb dumbbells. It freakin' hurt!)
400m run
50 squats ( I held a pole across the back of my shoulders to help with form, squatted only as far as sitting in a chair.
Run 400 m

Total Time: 21:44. I hurt already!

Later in the day, about 1 hour on the bike.

2 comments:

Reese said...

I hope that works for you. What a great job you (and others of course) did at the race Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed the run, and the only downer was I couldn't keep warm after running. I hope that is only the beginning.

Kat Miller said...

Thanks Reese! Plan on The GreenPeople Run June 20th. Not sure if Bluff Creek will be available or if we'll do it at Draper. I'll keepyou posted.