Thursday, July 7, 2011

Live Baby Live

Live, Baby, Live...  That INXS song was stuck in my head today.  It could have a lot of meaning especially today.  Today marks 40years since my father passed away at the age of 38.  (No one every thinks of 19 as middle aged.  I think it hit me harder today now that I've been diagnosed with heart problems.  And today I had all kinds of palpitations, to the point that I called my cardiologist.  We had discussed meds for me a few weeks ago, but she was concerned that my heart rate was already low and didn't want to make it lower. 

Interesting though, while waiting for her to call me back, Chisholm called me to discuss the Double Dirty Dozen event.  He wanted to know my plans.  ME TOO!!!!!  Am I in for the 6, 12 or 24?  Oh, how I wish I knew.  I won an entry to the 6 Hour, I want to do the 24, but should I settle for the 12????

And being stressed about my heart sure doesn't help anything.  If I can't run the way I want to, is this the life I want to live?  Live, Baby, Live...

So Dr. Craven's nurse called me back and it was decided I try the medicine.  So now I'm on Metoprolol.  It's mainly a nedicine to lower blood pressure, but I guess it also works on PVC's.  Let's see.

Now what have I decided about the 24 Hour Double Dirty Dozen?  All of it!  I'll register for the 6 with the understanding that when I have my follow up appt with Dr. Craven's in August, I'll figure it all out.  In the meantime, I'll train for 24 HOURS!

Ah, back to Live, Baby, Live..... Could that be Scott singing to me, not to do 24 HOURS?

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Take a look at my webpage ... http://www.lakesidehobbies.com