Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scott on the Trails???


Don't be shocked, but Scott joined us at Clear Bay!  Quite a group showed up for the run at Clear Bay on Saturday morning - about 20 of us!  Scott, Scott Coleman and Julie's BF Dave did their on thing on bikes.

It was one of those crazy days where my Achilles hit me almost as soon as I stepped out of the car.  I tried my best to shake it off.

I did most of the first loop with Cara, Peggy and JenHenry.  The miles went by rather quickly with this social group.  Jen helped - verbally through some struggles I've had with yoga.  I have this goal to do a forearm stand, but I keep collapsing.  We laughed because it's not like we're gonna stop on the trails and start doing yoga - but we did once we got back to the parking lot!

Scott and the other riders were at the parking lot by the time we got back, and seemed to have had a good time.  The guys bonded well.  Coleman had to leave, but Dave and Scott were willing to go out again as I wanted to get in some more miles.

Shay and I ran a modified second loop, consisting of about 5 miles.  My right hamstring started cramping bad and she was just plain worn out.

Back in the parking lot, I was cold, I hurt and just wanted to get home.  Others were planning to go to Panera.  I wanted to be social - wanted Scott to get to know my friends better, but sometimes you just can't do it.  I love my running friends, but with 20 or so people, lunch at Panera would be too much!

I'm seriously questioning whether I can do the marathon at Cross Timbers.  This leg thing is a pain - haha no pun intended.  I guess I'll just wait until the event gets closer...

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's the hardest part sometimes...making that decision to drop down to a shorter distance. Maybe in the coming weeks you'll start feeling better. Yesterday was so much fun! We were quite the large group out there! Glad Dave and the Scott's had a good time and got to do some riding.
I'm going to do a yoga class this week..talking to Jen at lunch re-awakened that desire in me for a good long yoga class. I loved meeting her, she's pretty awesome. Have a good week!

Reese said...

Enjoyed the company and the run.

Tri Girl said...

That's so great that Scott joined you. I actually was shocked when I read the title of the post. I actually thought he might have run... but then thought that Hell hasn't frozen over just yet. ;)
I'll be praying that your pain will go away.