Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being an Adult About It

I guess it's time to post about Palo Duro. Very emotional and my first DNF. My back started to hurt at mile 9. I pushed on 10 more miles to complete the loop. Crying. I knew I could force myself to do 12 more to finish the event, but why take the chance of further injury? I was bawling when I gave them my name as a DNF. Keith, Peggy and Beth were wonderful. Thank you.

I didn't run again until a few days ago. 3 miles of Bluff Creek, and I've been limping ever since. It's a long time until April when I can get my back worked on again. Running may be from non-existent to very sporadic.

This blog will be on hold until I have anything else to report.

Nameste

2 comments:

Joel said...

Katherine,

While we (your friends) understand it's actually tougher for you not to run, you are making the right decision. We all love you and want to see you around and active for a long time. If that means not running for awhile or re-evaluating your goals then so be it. I'm sorry about Paulo Duro but I'd rather see you with a DNF than an injury. I won't say I understand , I haven't been faced with the choices you have , but I will say I care and we will all be there for you now and ongoing. And if you don;t do anything stupid - I know it won;t be long till we be running together again.

Oh and about putting the blog on hold - that's your perogative but I'm sure there's more to KM than just running.

And in case your looking for a project to keep you busy Charlie and I are planning a super secret spring trail race and could use some input.


Take care Kat.

Joel

Reese said...

Clearly you made the right decision. Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far they can go. And I' don't think you've gone as far as you can go. Get the body well for another day.

Namasté